The jamboree’s River Rafting experience offers rafting on three sections of the scenic New River – which is actually the oldest river in North America! The sections of the New River will be Class III rapids. Each ten-person raft has a professional river guide provided by local outfitters.
Participation requires preregistration with the contingent. A permission waiver authorized/signed by a parent/guardian, completed and submitted during 24th World Scout Jamboree registration is required. Currently there is no option for walk-up participation.
All participating Scouts and adults must have:
- Clothing that can get wet
- Proper footwear (closed-toe)
- Epi pen / inhalers if needed
- A small water bottle is also recommended. The water bottle MUST have a “D” ring for lashing to the raft.
- Covered gear storage will be available while groups are on the river. This storage is not secured and all items left at owner’s risk.
REQUIRED ATTIRE: A helmet and Personal Flotation Device (PFD) are provided and required to go rafting.
River Rafting does NOT close due to weather, including thunderstorms.
TIME TO COMPLETE: 4 to 6 hours depending on water level.
LOCATION: Delta Basecamp (37.918928, -81.138065)