As Scouts, we follow a Scout Promise and Law. It is our responsibility to keep these commitments, but the Jamboree is also a special place with special rules. Please review these important reminders below.
As a participant and a Scout at the 24th World Scout Jamboree, I agree to obey all U.S., State, and local laws, as well as the following Code of Conduct:
- I am aware that I am a representative of the Scout Movement and will follow the Scout Law at all times during my travel and Jamboree participation.
- I will be respectful, tolerant, and considerate of other cultures, including dressing appropriately for a multicultural environment.
- I will obey safety rules, signs, and instructions by unit leaders and other adults.
- I will follow the Jamboree sleep schedule, unless otherwise directed by the Jamboree program, by remaining in my campsite and respecting quiet times.
- I understand that during the Jamboree the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- I understand smoking is only permitted in marked areas and not allowed in tents. (Legal age is 18 years or older).
- I understand that gambling of any form is prohibited.
- I will avoid serious behavior issues including dishonesty, fighting, and bad language.
- I will respect other participants’ property and refrain from ‘trophy hunting’.
- I will keep the Jamboree and my personal site clean and follow recycling policies.
- I will wear my Jamboree neckerchief and Jamboree ID at all times unless to remove them for safety.
- I will comply with all elements of the Safe from Harm program to prevent abuse and harassment.
- I will only trade patches and souvenirs with my peers and will refrain from selling any items.
- I will comply with all access restrictions and will not enter private tents or sites unless invited.
Violation of this Code of Conduct, and any other conduct deemed to be inconsistent with the values of Scouting, may result in expulsion from the Jamboree at the participant’s own expense.
In addition to the Code of Conduct, please remember that there are other restricted items and Jamboree policies that must be followed. This includes the prohibition of drones, bikes, fireworks, and knives longer than 3 inches (7.6 centimeters). Other than daily visitors, no children under the age of 14 may attend the Jamboree. There is no childcare available on site.
Please continue to stay updated with the Jamboree announcements, communications, and on-site instructions from Jamboree leadership and safety personnel.