It’s Day 11 out of 12 days of Jamboree (kind of like the 12 days of Christmas song). It’s about this time that fatigue may set in and be particularly tiring considering the numerous physical activities including Low Gear, BMX, Climbing, The Rocks, etc. High temperatures for the next few days will be approximately 80 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius).
Fatigue can cause a vast range of other physical, mental and emotional symptoms including:
• chronic tiredness or sleepiness
• headache and dizziness
• sore or aching muscles and muscle weakness
• slowed reflexes and responses
• impaired decision-making and judgement
• moodiness, such as irritability
The best ways to fix fatigue is to:
• Keep up your energy through the day by eating regular meals and healthy snacks every 3 to 4 hours, rather than a large meal less often.
• Exercise may be the last thing on your mind. But, in fact, regular exercise will make you feel less tired in the long run, so you’ll have more energy. Even a single 15-minute walk can give you an energy boost, and the benefits increase with more frequent physical activity.
• Get a good nights sleep and try to keep to a schedule of going to bed at a regular time, then waking up at a regular time every morning.
• Lose weight (if you haven’t already). Regular activity, exercise and a healthy diet will give you more energy.
• Reduce your stress level through yoga, exercise, reading, listening to music or being with friends.
• Cut out caffeine, such as coffee, tea, cola, energy drinks, etc.
• Drink more water and keep a positive attitude.